Human life is one thing that are quite fragile. There are many kinds of things that can make human life gone in a second. One of the most common problem is of course disease. Diseases that related to heart are one of the most common problem that usually happen to human being which can make them lose their life in a second. Not to mention bad lifestyle will also make human heart much more vulnerable. However, all of these problem is actually can be solved with the right heart healthy lifestyle which is known to be able to help most people both healthy and people who have heart disease.
In this time of a day we often heard of people from young age have died of a heart attack. That is not a surprising phenomenon. It does not take ages to get a heart attack. Heart disease is not a monopoly of the elderly. Although the most risk factor and heart attack symptoms for heart disease is high blood alias hypertension, which happens more often on the elderly. This means that heart diseases is not something that to be play with as it have no discrimination to its victim. Either we change our lifestyle to a healthier one or suffer the consequences of heart related diseases.
Yes, you read that right, the main villain who is the risk factor of heart disease is our lifestyle that is not heart-friendly. Unhealthy lifestyle is not just start at the elderly age but, is a habit that has been formed and nurtured since the person or the victim of the heart disease is still young. Heart related diseases have no qualms on who it will be taking everyone is the same in the front of this disease. One way to prevent heart disease from happening to us is to make sure we have a healthy heart. The healthy heart comes from a healthy lifestyle. And here, we will try to share the highlights of the healthy lifestyle. Especially, lifestyle changes that have a positive impact on health, especially the heart. What we can do? Here are some lifestyle tips that can be applied to your heart health.
Stay active and have a regular exercise
The key to a healthy heart is to keep moving and avoid keeping silence like sitting continuously. Ideally, to get a healthy heart rate we can do a regular aerobic exercise 30 minutes for five days a week. However, every move will be good for your heart, so keep moving. This means that staying still will only make your heart go worse. However if you are active having many kinds of sport related activity especially one that have some cardio type exercise then it can help in making your body especially your heart much healthier which means your heart rate zones will be normal.
Some of the best exercise or heart healthy activities for heart health is none other than cardio type exercise. Walking, jogging, running and marathon is ideal to improve your heart health. Of course, in order to do this exercise you need to make sure that you know the step. First step is to make sure that your body adapted to this exercise. Try doing some warm up before you do cardio exercise, a simple one can help to make your body ready and help avoid any ankle problem. The next step is to run at your pace, don’t rush thing try to do things easy and step by step. After that you can increase the rate of the exercise according to how strong you can handle it.
This way your exercise will be much more effective and easier to do. Most people think that if they do it hard on the first try then it will be much more effective. This is however is wrong. If you run at your maximum pace on the first day of exercise, your body will not adapt well and will only leave you very tired on the next day. This will lead to you to not doing the exercise again. On the other hand, if you take it easy and then moving up step by step to increase the rate of the exercise your body will be adapting to the exercise and will give you easier time to do it. Remember than the rate of the exercise is much more important than how hard you do the exercise.
Having a healthy diet menu for our body
Additionally, other than exercise we also need to have a healthy diet menu or heart healthy recipes in order to stay healthy especially if we want our hearth to work on the best condition. In this time of a day most people are not aware that food that they eat are usually very bad and have influencing their heart which is pretty bad. Junk food is one of the main reason that people have heart related diseases and it is the one that usually make people to have obesity and other diseases. This is why if we want to be healthier, it is important to have a healthy diet menu that can improve our body condition especially our heart.
We need to apply a heart healthy diet in every day-your day, how to consume more fruits and vegetables are rich in fiber, try to balance and meet your fiber needs every day. Balancing our food nutrient and vitamin consumption. In the next point we will try to cover some of the basic healthy menu on what kinds of food that you need to limit and what kinds of food or nutrient that you need to improve. All of these tips will help you to achieve a better and healthier heart. Therefore, without further ado, here are some tips that you need to understand divided into these point in order to make it much more comprehensible and easy to understand.
- First of all, try to limit your cholesterol consumption. Cholesterol is a fatty material that can accumulate in the walls of blood vessels in the heart. When piled up, the vessels will narrow, slow the flow of blood in the heart and become going to coronary heart disease. Excess cholesterol in our body generally comes from double saturated fatty foods (fried snacks). Limit consumption of red meat, unhealthy sugars and fats. There are many kinds of healthy food that you can still eat in the exchange of food that are dangerous for your health. For better addition you can also increase the rate of vegetables and fruits to your daily food. This will allow you to increase fiber consumption.
- In order to achieve a healthy heart you need to make sure that your blood pressure are normal, some blood pressure condition such as high blood pressure (hypertension) makes the blood thickens, so the flow of blood in the heart also slows down. As a result the heart does not work efficiently. This hypertension can be normalized by reducing foods that contain too much salt (foods treated with salted, preservative, or flavored inserts).Reduce salt intake cannot imagine your favorite foods without extra salt in it? Over time, you can train your taste buds by adjusting low-sodium foods, so the risk of high blood pressure that triggers a heart attack is also reduced.
- Then, you should also reduce the consumption of foods containing high carbohydrates such as white rice, sweet breads, noodles, pasta and foods that have high levels of sugar. This way, not only you will enhance your heart health, it will also make you to have less sugar. Too much sugar will not only dangerous for your heart it can also affect your body and give you more fat which can lead to obesity. Obesity can lead to heart attack and also other dangerous and deadly diseases such as stroke. Therefore, limit your sugar consumption as soon as possible.
- The last effort to prevent heart disease is to consume heart healthy foods such as berries and vegetables that contain antioxidants, these foods can help you counteract the negative effects of free radicals. Berries and heart healthy vegetables will also make your body better as it contains vitamins and fiber. All of these substances are beneficial and a well-known substances for our body health in general.
- You can also make a variety of foods from processed fruit or to prevent heart disease, the ingredients are easy in the can. Such as: red fruit oil, the benefits of these foods very much, one of them to overcome diabetes mellitus, you simply consume it once a day regularly. Melon, this fruit you can consume by way of juice, easy way to input the melon that has been peeled into the blender, add 50 cc boiled water but without sugar of course, you can consume regularly every two times a day, morning and afternoon. Watermelon juice and garlic juice in combination with honey can also be your consumption to prevent heart disease.
- To maintain a healthy lifestyle, we need to avoid the salts and cholesterol foods we mentioned above. There are many examples of heart healthy eating type foods, such as salmon (which contain omega 3 for heart muscle health) or fruits (which contain fiber and are great for pumping heart energy).
Stop smoking and harming your body
Moving on from food we are going to a more personal level of activity. Yes, we are talking about your lifestyle especially, smoking. As we already know, the majority of people smoke this time of a day. However, do you know that smoking is bad for your health? And by we mean bad it is really bad and can dangerously impact your health? Yes, smoking is very bad, and not only it is well known to be dangerous for our lungs it will also affect our heart condition making it vulnerable to some of the most dangerous heart related diseases. This is why if you want to have a heart healthy lifestyle then it is important for you to stay away from smoking and cigarettes.
So, what can we do now? It is pretty simple, stop smoking. If you are a heavy smoker and hard to stop the habit, at least try to gradually reduce it, in addition you also have to avoid smoke from other smokers so you do not breathe. Because cigarette smoke contains toxins that can be harmful to the health of your heart and lungs. As we previously mentioned Smoking not only damages the lungs, but also has a negative impact on your heart health. Once you stop smoking, the chances of getting heart disease will drop dramatically. Deciding on to stop smoking habits has a positive impact on your overall health, which is not a bad thing.
Smoking damages the heart. But what is the reason in medical explanation. The reason that smoking is bad for our health is because of the content of the cigar itself which is the tobacco. Yes, tobacco, when it enters our body, it will be considered as a foreign body and create an inflammatory cell that serves to expel substances from the tobacco. These inflammatory cells will instead build up in the heart’s blood vessels, causing a clot (which is called clot in medical terms) that makes the blood flow in our hearts become thick and sluggish. This is what will become the forerunner of coronary heart disease. From time to time, the thickness of this clot will be dumped in our heart vessels, this will make our blood to stop flowing, and the heart stops. And this is one of the reason of heart attack.
Now after you read this and you are an active smoker yourself then it is a wise idea to stop smoking. Change the habit of smoking with anything else that can make your hands busy so you cannot hold a cigarette. Even if you do not smoke, cigarette smoke from other people still contain tobacco dregs that can be inhaled in our body. And in the same way as I mentioned above, the dregs of cigarette smoke keep us from having a heart attack. Stop smoking in an instant is of course very hard things to do. Which is why you need to do it step by step. Just like when you are exercising. Try to take it easy. Try to minimize your smoking habit once at a time. Try to subtract your smoking rate each week until you are not smoking anymore. Additionally, try to exercise as well and do something that can help to distract you from the need of smoking.
Keep your body ideal and healthy with some of these pointer
The next thing you can do to prevent heart disease is to keep your body shape to stay ideal. Generally heart disease is more likely to attack people who are obese or overweight. You should reduce foods containing omega 6. Consumption of foods that contain omega 3 contained in fish oil because it will nourish your heart. Additionally, you also need to go to the doctor for regular checkup which can determine your body and heart condition in a more detailed manners. In this point we will give you some examples on what you need to do in order to stay in shape. You can do some of these healthy heart tips which will help you to achieve a better and healthier heart condition.
- First and foremost, make sure that you keep your weight in an ideal range far from obesity. The reason for this is simple because obesity is dangerous. Obesity itself is a phenomenon of excessive weight due to fat accumulation is also dangerous for the heart. The accumulation of fat in the walls of blood vessels can cause coronary heart disease. This obesity can be improved by exercise activities for heart health, such as aerobic exercise such as cycling, jogging, swimming, or aerobic exercise. Exercise itself also makes the heart healthier because the heart muscles work more regularly. Do not be shy to asking your doctor if you are overweight. Obesity actually increases the risk of heart attack, heart failure and diabetes. A healthy menu as we have briefly mentioned with balanced portions and regular exercise is the best way to maintain your health.
- Second, know your cholesterol level. High cholesterol is one of the main factors of heart attack. If you have not checked cholesterol levels for two years, start now check to see if you are at risk for heart disease. As usual high cholesterol level can be minimized by doing some exercise and also having a healthy diet menu as we have previously mentioned in this article. Which means it can be easily avoided or minimize as long we have the dedication to do it.
- Measure your blood pressure High blood pressure or hypertension is a major risk factor for heart attacks, strokes and heart failure. Many people with high blood pressure do not notice that they have the condition. Many effective treatments can be done such as changing lifestyles and reducing salt intake.
- Know your sugar level increased blood sugar that leads to diabetes is a powerful factor in heart attack. Additionally try to ask your doctor or medical expert if there are chance you have the risk. If you are pre-diabetes (a condition in which your blood sugar levels are higher than usual) or have signs of diabetes, changing your lifestyle is an important step.
- One of the most interesting things about heart related diseases is that it also being influenced by our psychology as well. Which means stress are a huge part of our heart condition. If you want a healthy heart then try to reduce your stress, Stress is one of the strong risk of heart attack, especially for women. Try to meditate, yoga or keep silent for 10 minutes every day. Be careful of the stress in your life and pay more attention to your heart. Stress makes the metabolic hormones in our body difficult to work well. The effect is high blood pressure, heart palpitations, and inflammation cells that create clot clots and slow the flow of blood in the heart (just like the cigarette above). So, if you want a healthy heart, you need to stay away from the stressful environment. You can minimize your stress by doing something that you like or having a vacation with your beloved. This way you stress level can be minimized which means you will have a healthier heart as well.
- Check with your doctor regularly Regular health screening is one of the best ways to prevent cardiovascular or cardiovascular disease. Studies show people who stop heart treatment have a higher risk of heart attack, stroke, and heart failure. Therefore, it is very important for us to have a regular check up to monitor our health condition especially our hearth health.
Doing some of these pointer will absolutely help you in achieving a healthy heart as it will give you more monitor on how good your heart are. Of course, try to combine some of these pointer with the previous heart healthy habits to make a better and much more beneficial lifestyle for your heart and body in general as it will help you to achieve what human needs most of this day, which is healthy life and healthy working heart.
In the end, it is up to us to change our lifestyle which can impact our health. Do we want a heart healthy lifestyle or do we keep our bad lifestyle? All of these answer is up to us. However, we definitely recommend you to change our lifestyle, because let us be real, in this modern day, mortality rate are very high. And the majority of the cause is because of our bad lifestyle. It is a good idea to change our lifestyle because it means that we can better future with our beloved family. Additionally, having a healthy heart and body is something that are very precious for everyone. We, hope that some of these tips regarding healthy lifestyle for heart can help most of us to have better and happy future.